A foot into Switzerland
The morning was spent on the streets in front of the visa processing center. We paid for premium services, meaning we did not have to stand in the infamous queues for a visa application. But that also meant we had nothing to do. So we stood around on the road, chatting with PGS.
The agents got us some fancy deal and we did not pay most of the visa fee. We’ll know soon what major games were at play. Overall, between herding the women around the office and collecting their money for the processing, I got a sense that I was their chaperoning teacher while PGS was just another student. Strange strange feeling being the responsible one.
Things got whacky when all the women wanted a ride back and we decided to stuff into the Red Beast. So that’s a record 9 passengers, with 4 upfront utilizing the baby seat to the fullest. It was a really stupid thing to do and I should learn to say no to such things soon.
Col Fr Dr TCM Sir
The Student Council had its first meeting with the big bosses today. So we were armed with all our suggestions and queries to make every student’s life better. Ha, where we stupid!
Here are the highlights:
- A fist fight that broke out in the elevators because students were riding the wrong direction is a petty issue.
- Faculty evaluation during the mid semesters is a matter of utmost interest: specially since nothing is done about the end-term evaluation itself. Faculty who have been consistently rated poorly are still enjoying free will.
- A class cannot have 40 students, instead of the current 60, because who would compensate for the lakhs lost from those 20 students?
- Libraries cannot be open on Sundays because we’re not getting enough footfalls on weekdays itself. And that’s how the value of a mall is calculated.
- Students cannot understand anything that the teacher from Korea teaches. Too bad, we pay her a lot; so, have your students listen harder.
- We cannot ask the food vendors to reduce plastic and stop selling plastic bottles on campus. Because, have you listened to Trump? Climate change is a farce and nobody is truly environmentally conscious now, are they?
- Girls cannot wear leggings under their salwars because there are boys, and fathers, on campus. The leggings unleash the beast within them, I presume.
- Easy access to sanitary napkins is something the Fr Col Dr VC doesn’t concern himself with. Because, he is a Father, you know, and let women bleed out of their vaginas; not like a Father is ever seeing one. Right?
- Girl hostelites pay for their laundry while the boys don’t. And the girls are in their cages 30 minutes before the boys. Why? It is a needed precautions and don’t ask us why. And that is not gender discrimination now, Cmon!
2 hours, one vada and a coffee, later, it was very evident how powerful the Student Council in this University really was. It was evidently a facade of student representation, where all that was expected was for us to look pretty, hold umbrellas for cultural events and herd a crowd when needed.
“Maybe what you told GardenMan is true, S. You guys are leading the #IndianCynics band, and looking at it all with dark shades.
Don’t mind me. I’m just sharing my doggie wisdom. That’s all!” Scotch